1/29/2010

Way Cool

Today was my first day of doing "things", other than sitting in hammocks and relaxing that is. I was supposed to meet with the director of the charity yesterday, but that got moved to next week, so I had another day of vacation until today when I went with a friend of the family to help her with translations at a magazine. I wasn't planning on doing this, but it's a really cool opportunity. I don't get the impression they have a huge need for translation, but they do need some articles translated. The whole magazine used to be in English and Spanish and now they changed it to just Spanish with a few pieces in both languages. Today I helped them by translating an e-mail and making a phone call to a restaurant in New York. Some of the people speak English, but the phone is really hard, especially if the connection is bad. They were trying to get an interview with Anthony Bourdain from the Travel Channel show No Reservations. I thought it was exciting because I love that show. Anyway, it was fun and you can check out the magazine @ http://www.bgmagazine.com.ec/home.html.

No comments: