3/21/2010

Las fotos! Nos olvidamos, otra vez!!


I'm not a big picture taker to start with, and in addition my camera has sand in it from the beach and now doesn't work. So that leads us to the point we're at now, where I have very few photos of this beautiful country and my new friends and family. Luckily HernĂ¡n, my host brother, is forcing me to take pictures and even bringing the camera along for me since I always forget it. (Sometimes semi-intentionally because I prefer to fully take in my surroundings instead of viewing them through a 1/4 inch viewfinder. I wouldn't make a very good photographer, good thing I studied International Affairs these are much better observed with a wider lens anyway.)

Anyway... here are some photos of the amazing views from a couple of our car trips, a few pictures of the people here and our trans-national St. Patty's Day celebration. There's even a couple photos with me actually in them, because I didn't have any before and they told me a better take some or no one would believe I was actually here :)

Oh, and don't worry about the camera. I have a camera care plan and it will be as good as new as soon as it can make it's way to Best Buy, which is anytime after April 24.

Note: On St. Patty's Day in the States we drink Irish Car Bombs, which are Guinness with Bailey's and here the best we could find was a dark German brew and a Bailey's knockoff, not at all Irish, but it worked.








No comments: