It has been quite a long time since I posted here and all kinds of stuff has happened. Natural disasters, a beach trip, my birthday, days without power or water, tarantulas in my bedroom, being gassed out of my room at 5am. I´m really not exaggerating, all that stuff happened. I´m gonna take some time this weekend to write all about it, but for now I´ll leave you with some very important news.
On Wednesday we found out where we are going to be placed for the next two years. It was a really big day, you know seeing as it determines two years of your life. I found out I´m going to be near Quesada de San Carlos in North Central Costa Rica. There I will be working with one large high school training the teachers and working with high school classes and the community teaching English. I couldn´t be more content with my placement and I´m really looking forward to getting there at the end of December.
I´ll make a long post to tell you all of my adventures soon, but in the mean time you should all check out a map to see where I´m gonna be at. It´s close to the only cylindrical volcano in Costa Rica, that´s pretty cool I think.
1 comment:
Not too surprised about the tarantulas, considering where you are. Of course, that doesn't make it any less exciting. I am, however, interesting in hearing about the "gassing" experience. Sounds like you've had a bit of an eventful time so far. Gotta love it!
Post a Comment