3/06/2011

Today was just a great day all around. It was really nice to have, since I left school on Friday shaking my head and wondering how exactly I'm going to do my work. The teachers are very cooperative as of late, but every time I'm in a classroom it takes me all of five seconds to realize why I'm here and feel overwhelmed at the amount of work it is going to take to "improve English teaching". I know it'll all be OK, and I'll start seeing results at some point that will make it worth it, but we're still at the beginning. But, back to how today was great.

This morning my host brother and I and a few friends from town went on a mountain bike ride. There wasn't actually a lot of riding seeing as we stopped at one of the guy's brother's house and that took the majority of our time, but we still got out early and rode through the lush green forest that is a national park. Then my whole family had lunch together and headed to a birthday party. Later I went out for a long run since today I started training for a 40k North Face race that I'm doing in July. 8+ miles, 60 degrees, a podcast on the iPod, over-cast but not raining, beautiful sunset as I came home, and a light breeze. I looked around at one point and asked myself if there was really anything better. When I got home, we ate a little dinner and sat down to watch Elf. It was a great family movie and popcorn with condensed milk made it even better. (Sounds weird, but it's really good. You should give it a try.)

No comments: