First, due to several unfortunate misunderstandings and a poorly designed website my friends and I were not able to participate in the North Face race this past weekend. It was a bummer. Especially becuase I've been training for a few months, but... it's going to be fine because I signed up for the Tamarindo Beach Marathon on Sept. 17. I didn't want to waste all that training I had done, and hopefully I can rope a couple friends into coming to the beach. The race is Saturday morning at 5am (!) which means we would have the whole rest of the weekend to relax, doesn't sound too bad to me.
Second, things are really picking up around here. I'm teaching in my school, as always, but in addition to English I am doing a business program, gender equality talks, study skills seminars and teacher trainings. Whew! I'll admit I was really bored over my two week break, but I don't think Mr. Boredom with be back around anytime soon.
Third, I'm convinced it will never cool down around here. Rainy season has apparently started, but it is still warm. It doesn't appear to rain any more or any less, and I can still count on one hand the number of times I have recently worn pants... that count occupies only 3 fingers. Which leaves us at 75+ sunny degrees everyday, tropical sun and lots of humidity. I learned my lesson about assuming I could wear A: pants or B: Running tights when it's cloudy outside. The answer is: Don't do it! Just because the sky is darker doesn't mean it is cooler. The temperature might be less but the humidity is way higher. I know that this is really nothing to complain about, and this isn't a complaint, but I do dream about being cold. How do I feel about Idaho in winter? All I can say is...yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment