7/03/2011

And we're off!

You know how the days right before a vacation either fly or drag by? Well, these last few days have been of the dragging variety. But the day has finally come, I'm off tomorrow for a trip to Nicaragua! I'm pretty excited and feeling like I can use the vacation. School is out for two weeks for mid-year vacation, so this is a perfect time for a trip. I'm going with two other volunteers for 5 days to 4 different cities. We're starting our trip in San Jose for a 4th of July celebration and then we'll spend the rest of the week traveling coming back for summer camps two of us are putting on the next week. Look for pictures soon.

As for goings on around here, there wasn't much happening because at school there were mid-semester exams and everyone was just counting down the minutes until vacation. This past week my host dad celebrated his birthday, so our project one day was his cake. I didn't have to go to school and neither did my 15 year old host brother so we worked together to make this car cake. It turned out really cool, and though it's about all we have to show for our week, it was way more fun than school!


1 comment:

Candice said...

Interesting that you're bringing your country with you in another country; i.e., the 4th of July celebration. I wonder how many, if any, South American countries celebrate their beginning.