7/31/2011

There's a National Lasagne Day?

Last Friday was National Lasagna Day in the United States. You didn't know that? Well, it was.

This day is not something I usually recognize, because for one, how the heck am I supposed to make decorations for Lasagna Day? Secondly, I didn't actually know that it existed until last Friday when I was browsing the "Runner's World" website and this important morsel of information appeared in one of the articles. The only reason I'm mentioning this at all is because after I thought about how delicious lasagna was I couldn't get it off my mind and I proceeded to spend at least an hour paroozing lasagna recipes...then some cake recipes...then some soup recipes...and so on.

I had no idea food blogging was such a popular thing. I knew about recipe sites on line and a few food blogs, the good 'ol Food Network site and stuff like that; but I had no idea how many people were out there cooking and blogging AND taking mouth-watering photos. It's fascinating, really, how many of them exist.

If you like cooking, baking, or even just eating, you really should take a look at these. Get ready for your mouth to water:
Food Buzz
Food Gawker

No comments: