Haha, you thought I was going to say bees. The correct answer is butterflies. I went looking for pictures because wanted to share pictures of a few of my favorite local birds and butterflies. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I went to search Google for the pictures, I realized when I got to doing it that you can't just type in "blue butterfly Costa Rica" and get the right one, or "black bird with red". Then I thought I could just glance at a list of common Costa Rican birds... turns our there are 893 species of birds on the list. So, since I really do have all the time in the world (since it's school vacation) to look for them I clicked around and found them. I don't think the pictures really do them justice, as they are much brighter in person, but it gives you an idea anyway.
 |
| Red winged Blackbird- Apparently native to Cuba, not sure how it made it here |
 |
| Blue Morpho Butterfly |
| | |
| Urania Butterfly |
1 comment:
I have to say that the red-winged blackbird looks exactly like the ones that fly around Hull's Pond behind Camel's Back. I'm sure they're just the American version as opposed to the South American ones. I wonder if they tweet with a different accent?
Post a Comment